The President's Emerging Leaders Program at Austin Peay
The purpose of PELP is to prepare students at APSU for a lifetime of leadership.
PELP creates an environment that develops leaders for the future through the twin virtues of scholarship and service.
Honesty, Humility, Academic Rigor, Leadership, and Service.
PELP focuses on:
- Learning about the "tools" of leadership (communication techniques, problem-solving skills, conflict resolution, etc.)
- Learning about leadership styles from campus and community leaders
- Applying leadership skills in real-life situations on and off campus
- Improving leadership skills by understanding personal and group strengths and weaknesses
- Learning about the essential connections between ethics and leadership
- Broadening one's perspectives by viewing the demands for leadership in local and global contexts
- Understanding the workings of government at the local, state, and national level
Students in the President's Emerging Leaders Program exemplify the vision and values of Austin Peay and our program through academic excellence and service above self. PELP students receive an annual scholarship of $3,000, which is renewable over a four-year period. PELP students must maintain a cumulative collegiate GPA of at least 3.50 and they must enroll in at least 12 credit hours per semester. They must also take required PELP courses and fulfill other program requirements as outlined by the PELP director.
Apply now to be a part of the President's Emerging Leaders Program!Read More