Health and Human Performance
The faculty and staff in the Department of Health and Human Performance at Austin Peay State University welcome you to this website. We are pleased that you have chosen to familiarize yourself with the diverse program offerings at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
- Undergraduate students may select from two degrees: Bachelor of Science in Health and Human Performance with concentrations in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Healthcare Management, K-12 Teaching, Public Health, and Sport and Wellness Specialist, or the Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with concentrations in Exercise Science and Pre-professional.
- Graduate students may select from two degrees: Master of Healthcare Administration (online) or Master of Science in Health and Human Performance. The Master of Science in Health and Human Performance offers two concentrations: Performance Enhancement and Coaching (online) and Public Health Education (online).
- For more information about our Master of Healthcare Administration program, please contact Dr. Blake Hendrickson at 931-221-6351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about our MS in Health and Human Performance graduate program, please contact Dr. Tim Leszczak at 931-221-6112 or email@example.com.
- Coming in 2022 - Master of Speech-Language Pathology (MSLP). The program will prepare students to prevent, diagnose, treat, and research communication disorders, and provide community service to individuals with communication disorders. For more information about our MSLP graduate program, please contact Dr. Kelly Kleinhans at 931-221-6223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HHP Mission Statement
The Health and Human Performance faculty are committed to contributing to their students’ intellectual, economic, social, physical, and cultural development for success in employment, future studies, citizenship, and life in general. This mission will be accomplished by:
- offering HHP courses designed to promote critical thinking, academic honesty, creativity, leadership, as well as excellent writing and communication skills;
- promoting diversity, appreciation of all cultures, and respect for all persons;
- fostering a positive learning environment;
- expanding multiple delivery systems;
- serving the military community at Fort Campbell through complete academic programs;
- continually improving courses and programs, conducting research, and providing services that contribute significantly to the quality of life, learning, and workforce development needs of the community.
HHP Department Vision
The vision of the Department of Health and Human Performance is to promote a learning environment with students as they pursue knowledge, skills, and values in health and movement science for life and work in a global society.
We are pleased that you are considering Austin Peay State University and the Department of Health and Human Performance. If you would like to have additional information, please feel free to contact the department.
Dr. Marcy Maurer
Professor and Chair
Department of Health & Human Performance