Student Trustee Application
During the spring semester, a motivated Austin Peay State University student will be selected to serve as a student member of the University’s Board of Trustees. The University is now seeking student applicants to serve on this important board that will provide guidance and oversight for Austin Peay. Please consider supporting the University and the region, while also enhancing your resume, by applying for this position.
Students eligible to apply for this one-year appointment must:
- Be enrolled full time and remain full time during year of service;
- Have earned at least 60 semester hours, if an undergraduate;
- Have completed at least two semesters at APSU, if an undergraduate student; at least one semester at APSU, if a graduate student;
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA as recorded on the most recent semester’s transcript from APSU;
- Be in good judicial standing at APSU (no outstanding judicial record, no outstanding judicial sanctions, no prior judicial history deemed of serious nature by the screening committee); and,
- Have significant involvement and leadership experience in the university setting.
- Any student selected for the Student Trustee position cannot hold office within the Student Government Association during their year of service, in accordance with a resolution passed by the SGA.
Complete application packets are due no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 25, 2017, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by personal delivery to the Office of Student Affairs, Morgan University Center Room 206.
The Office of Student Affairs will confirm the GPA and judicial record of applicants and forward the applications to a screening committee of three students and two university administrators.
The screening committee will conduct interviews of select students. Upon completion of the interviews, the screening committee will identify students to be forwarded to the University President for review. The president will review the applications and forward to the Board of Trustees with comments as appropriate. The APSU Board of Trustees will select the student trustee at their spring meeting on Friday, March 9, 2018. The term for the appointment will be the 2018-19 academic year, beginning with the summer Board of Trustees meeting, June 7 and 8, 2018.
Questions or requests for additional information should be directed to:
Carol Clark, Executive Assistant to the President for Community and Government Relations, email@example.com, 931-221-7570; or Greg Singleton, Dean of Students, firstname.lastname@example.org, 931-221-7005.