Your I-20 Certificate and F-1 Visa
- An I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 Visa) will be issued to international
students who have been accepted by the ESL Institute.
- This form is very important and should always be kept in a safe place. When traveling,
keep in your carry-on bag.
- The cost to express mail acceptance packet (including I-20 form) is included in the
advanced payment required at time of application. (* Fees are subject to change.)
- Students who defer attendance and need a new acceptance packet (including new I-20
form) will pre-pay shipping costs through eShipGlobal. Contact ESL Institute for more
You have your I-20...what's next?
- It is the responsibility of the student to use the I-20 form to apply for the F-1
student visa from the nearest U.S. Embassy.
- Further details can be found at What's Next and the ICE website.
Maintaining Good Immigration Status
- All F-1 visa students will be required to sign an F-1 visa regulation compliance document
when you arrive and register for class - preview it here.