The Writing Center is located in the Felix G. Woodward Library
We are on the main floor of the Library, past Starbucks.
The Academic Support Center provides FREE writing support to APSU undergraduate and graduate students by employing tutors who have earned at least a 3.0 GPA and have been recommended by faculty to serve in the Writing Center. Tutors work one-on-one with students for all written work regardless of writing style. In addition, tutors can help students with interpreting their assignment instructions, conducting research for reliable sources, brainstorming and organizing ideas, preventing plagiarism, and reviewing their progress throughout the writing process.
If you need assistance with scheduling an appointment, please call the Writing Center at (931) 221-6559. You can also go to the Writing Center, and request the lab attendant place you on the schedule.
Walk-in requests for assistance are always welcome. During the semester, the Writing Center is open seven days a week. (Note: we close for most holidays, but we are open for spring and fall break, winter break, and during the summer, providing writing support.)
|Monday||8:00 am||to||8:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am||to||8:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am||to||8:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am||to||8:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am||to||6:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:30 am||to||5:00 pm|
|Sunday||1:00 pm||to||9:00 pm|
To submit your assignment to the Writing Center, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org All Submissions must be sent from your APSU email account (our staff will not work on submissions sent from other accounts).
All submissions should include the following information:
- Your name & A number
- The assignment
- The writing style used
- Any areas you are particularly concerned about and would like the tutor to focus on.
Our goal is to provide you with a response within 48 hours. However, keep in mind we are busier before mid-terms and during finals week. When submitting papers online, be sure to give yourself enough time to have it returned to you and for you to edit it after. If you want to send multiple papers that need to be reviewed, please send each as a separate submission so no paper will be inadvertently overlooked.
- Offer assistance in writing all sorts of papers, regardless of subject or type of course.
- Teach writing in different styles, i.e., MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian, ASA, etc.
- Review written papers and provide guidance for correcting errors in grammar, structure, vocabulary, formatting, documenting, and other issues that are related to academic writing.
- Recommend strategies for writing improvement and/or correction. (Note: Tutors do not
edit, proofread, or revise students’ papers.)
- Please note: The Writing Center's objective is to help students learn to write better. In order to achieve this objective, tutors will focus on two or three types of mistakes on any given visit, rather than trying to help students "fix the paper."
Click the link below for useful writing resources: